- Long sleeve (at the very least 3/4 length - no visible tattoos)
- Suitable for a few hours of hot afternoon sun, but also cold desert night once the sun goes down
- Sophisticated enough to be in front of my bosses, but colorful and "fun" because it's Palm Springs duh
- Under $100 because I am poor (but semi-flexible if I find the *perfect* dress)
- Short-ish so I don't have to get it tailored because all maxi dresses are like massive robes on me
First of all, I'm planning on wearing shoes that I already own, because I have a lot that I hardly ever wear and like, economics. Here are my two contenders:
I'd prefer to go with the Steve Madden booties because they are WAYYYYY more comfortable than the sandals, but the sandals are a little more formal and wedding-y? However, if I wear these shoes there is a 100% chance that by the end of the night I will be walking around the wedding venue barefoot carrying these in my hand. Is that a look I want to have in front of coworkers? IDK..maybe?
I'll probably pack both and make a game time decision.
Now, onto the dresses. Here are the top contenders I've got so far:
I really really love this dress, but it's like over double my budget. ~Le sigh~ I keep checking back to see if it miraculously goes on sale but so far it hasn't. :(
I really like this one too, it's different, seems very "architect"y to me, but might be a little too um... like I'm wearing a plastic bag? But the price is right, and I think if properly accessorized it could be a winna.
I like the idea of a mini shift dress, because it's like, sophisticated and not slutty but still like, playful? IDK. This one is kinda boring though. But I like the details
Another shift dress - also like this one a lot. And the price is also right. Hmmm.
I wore a "body conscious" dress not unlike this one to the last wedding we went to and I really like the way it fit me, and I like this one. But the fabric might be too thick and wintery for the desert?
UGH so many choices, so little time. I will try and remember to take a finished ~outfit pic~ at the wedding to post a follow up. Peace out y'all B)